Insect pest management in crops in the 21st Century is not about controlling 99.9% of the population with a pesticide. Agroecology from a pest managment standpoint is about designing crops that have the greatest level of bio-diversity to support the attraction and populating of pest predators, parasitoids and crop pollinators. Insecticides that reduce insect pests with minimal impact on beneficial insects are essential to farming in a modern world.
AzaMax Natures Insecticide
Eco Oil Organic Miticide Insecticide
HELICOVEX NPV Bio-insecticide
- Non-toxic, no MRL requirements and no (minimum) withholding period.
- Highly selective against Heliothis armigera and Heltiothis punctigera so very suited for integrated and organic pest management and preservation of other native Lepidoptera species.
- Contributes to resistance management of traditional insecticides.
- High quality formulation meaning lower rates than other NPV’s – (up to 3.75 times more concentrated).
- Compatible with foliar fertilizers, fungicides and other insecticides (pH in tank mix 5 – 8.5)
- Excellent shelf life (2 years at 5 °C) and rainfastness.
Pyganic Organic Insecticide
GRANDEX Codling & Oriental Fruit moth virus
GRANDEX is another quality insect virus product from the Andermatt Biocontrol, Switzerland stable. GRANDEX is based on Cydia pomonella granulovirus. GRANDEX is highly selective, only targeting Codling and Oriental fruit moth making it very compatible with IPM systems. With the introduction of Mastrus parasitoid for Codling moth and Heringia calcarata for Woolly aphid, the use of very selective insecticides like GRANDEX is paramount to the successful integration of these two key biological control agents. GRANDEX is a very popular biological insecticide in Europe, New Zeland and North America where the use of Mating Distruption in combination with virus sprays is well advanced.