Spodovir® Plus is a Nucleopolyhedrovirus (Isolate 19 – SfMNPV) which targets the juvenile stages of Fall armyworm (Spodoptera frugiperda). NPV’s were developed as a highly selective way to control specific caterpillar pests and like its sister product Helicovex®, Spodovir® Plus is an effective population management tool which can be tanked mixed with other crop protection products. The advantages of NPV’s is that when conditions are favorable for the spread of the virus in the crop, target pest can be re-infect pests through what is known as horizontal transmission without the need for further spraying.
Features & Benefits:
- Excellent Resistance Management tool
- Non-toxic, no MRL requirements and no withholding period.
- Highly selective against Spodoptera frugiperda (Fall armyworm)
- Very suited for integrated and organic pest management
- High compatibility with other agricultural inputs
- Excellent shelf life (min 2 years when stored @ <+5 Deg C)
- Good rainfastness once dried on crop