Yates MoisturAid Granular Wetting Agent
Yates MoisturAid is a granular wetting agent for turf, nurseries, potting mix, landscaping, forestry, councils, estate gardens, flowers and any situation where water repellent soils are not allowing water and nutrient to get into the root zone. This slow release granular formulation dramatically improves the wettability & water holding capacity of soils and potting mixes.
- Yates MoisturAid is a granular wetting agent suitable for a broad range of horticultural applications
- Yates MoisturAid dramatically improves the wettability & water holding capacity of soils and potting mixes
- Yates MoisturAid overcomes hydrophobic (water repellent) and water logging problems, eliminates dry spots, improves drainage, optimises water and fertiliser availability, reduces stress and increases plant survival rates
- Yates MoisturAid is a slow release granular formulation with the active ingredient made available over an extended period of time, usually up to six months. This is not the case with liquid wetting agents which require frequent repeat application
- Also unlike liquid wetting agents, there is no need for irrigation immediately after an application
- Yates MoisturAid is easily spread over the surface or incorporated into the soil or potting mix
- Yates MoisturAid saves time, water and plants
How It Works
Yates MoisturAid undergoes a unique manufacturing process which impregnates a liquid wetting agent into the chosen carrier material (a fossilised sponge). This process makes the active ingredient available over a much longer period of time, usually up to six months. The wetting agent is released in the presence of irrigation or rainfall. Yates MoisturAid works by decreasing the natural surface tension of applied water to ensure irrigation water or rainfall filters through to the root zone.
Directions for use
Potting mix or soil incorporation – 1 kg per cubic metre at time of blending
200mm pots 5 grams (1 heaped teaspoon);
250mm pots 10 grams (2 heaped teaspoons);
300mm pots 13 grams (1 heaped dessert spoon);
400mm pots 25 grams (2 heaped dessert spoons);
500mm pots 35 grams (3 heaped dessert spoons)
Planter Bags – 1 gram per litre of potting mix (eg. 45 litre bag = 45 grams)
Landscaping – 30 grams per square metre for heavy soils; 60 grams per square metre for sandy soil
Use gloves when handling.
Yates MoisturAid is now an essential water management tool used by nurserymen, potting mix manufacturers, greenkeepers and sports turf superintendents, growers, councils and landscapers in Australia and overseas.
Pack Size: 25kg